Currently available for £1099.99 from Decathlon
ProForm SMART Power 10.0 Indoor Cycle Review
The current Proform range has something for just about every kind of domestic buyer of exercise bikes you can think of. From entry-level models squarely aimed at those that just want something to use two or three times a week to help them lose a few pounds, through to models aimed at those that have decided they’re determined to transform themselves into the picture of health and fitness, and more or less everyone in between. We decided to take a look at one of their premium models, the Proform SMART Power 10.0 indoor cycle to see what you get when you splash the cash with them.
Assembly, as we’ve long since come to expect from a Proform bike, is a simple and straightforward process thanks to a clear and easy to follow manual. Once assembled it looks good with a sleek black colour scheme featuring a dash of silver and red, while a 10″ touch-screen console adds some flair.
There are plenty of adjustments in the handlebars and saddle to just about guarantee an excellent riding position regardless of one’s height. The saddle is well-padded and comfortable and as it uses a standard fitting, if you did want something a bit less sporty it’s possible to fit pretty much any saddle of your choice. The pedals have toe clips and are sporty, but again, if you’d prefer to fit your own SPD set, that’s not a problem as a standard thread has been used. The action on the Power 10.0 is silky-smooth, quiet and very stable throughout the cycle. No doubt that’s down to the 12kg inertia-enhanced flywheel which does a great job of making this feel every bit a premium machine. The handlebars have several grip positions making getting comfortable easy and there’s also an emergency stop button front and centre so if you do ever need to stop that heavy flywheel in a hurry all it takes is a quick push and you’re at a standstill.
The console on the Pro 10.0 is very good. At 10 inches it’s more than large enough to effectively display your training data and the workout videos simultaneously and it also swivels which comes in handy, to say the least, when you’re performing a workout that requires you to dismount and carry out floor exercises before re-mounting and continuing your ride. The interface is intuitive and it’s a simple thing to find your way around the menus making it user-friendly. There are more than 50 high-definition video workouts to choose from. These videos are categorised in the same way as traditional onboard workouts eg weight loss, cardio, endurance and so on, making it easy to select the type of workout you want. Once selected, the video is then streamed to the console, so it’s worth noting that you do need a reasonable WiFi connection to get a smooth experience. We found the videos to be well structured, entertaining and certainly effective.
In addition to the videos the Pro 10.0 also comes with a 12 month family membership subscription to iFit Coach which gives you access to a bigger library of videos but also helps you to plan a full fitness schedule. You can also race against other iFit members and map our your own cycling routes on Google maps. There’s a lot more it does too but suffice to say that iFit is a comprehensive ecosystem that revolves around staying fit and healthy and includes elements such as dietary and sleep advice.
The Pro 10.0 also features a water bottle holder, a pair of 1kg dumbells that have a special holder behind the saddle, a Bluetooth Smart wireless heart rate receiver, a pair of 2″ stereo speakers, leg levellers and transport wheels (very handy as this bike weighs 55kg!). The Pro 10.0 is also covered by Proform’s 2-year on-site parts and labour warranty.
So, what do we think? Well, we like it. A lot. This is an impressive bike. Proform really has delivered here. This is a very well made upright exercise bike that gets all the basics right. The addition of the workout videos is not a bells and whistles exercise either, it's of genuine value and forms a core part of the training that you'll be doing if you decide to purchase one. If you do take the plunge, you'll quickly find that using a Pro 10.0 on a daily basis is far more engaging than you thought indoor cycling at home would be. Great effort by Proform.
ProForm SMART Power 10.0 Specifications
- 12kg (26.4lbs) Inertia Enhanced Flywheel
- 22 digitals levels of SMR Silent™ Magnetic Resistance with QuickTouch buttons on the console
- Console Display: 10” multi-color touch display (plus horizontal console adjustment available)
- Console Feedback: Time, speed, distance, pulse, Watts, calories, RPM – several display modes are available for displaying selected training information
- Quick Stop Braking available
- Programs: above 50 video workout ready for use, and a daily map (all of them and iFit® technology requires Wi-Fi connection)
- Interactivity: iFit® Coach Enabled (1-year Family membership included)
- Heart Rate Measurement: Bluetooth® Smart wireless heart rate receiver (chest strap optional)
- Seat: Ergonomic and padded with horizontally and vertically adjustable racing seat
- Pedals: ergonomic with toe clips and adjustable straps
- Extras: dual 2” speakers plus music port for mp3/iPod, water bottle holder, two 1kg (2.2lbs) dumbbells, leveling feet, wheels for transportation, front-mounted
- Non-slip, multi-position handlebar with vertical adjustment
- Product Dimensions: Length=143cm (56.3‘’), Width=56cm (22‘’), Height=139cm (54.7‘’)
- Product Weight: 55kg (121.3lbs)
- Max. User Weight: 115kg (253.5lbs)
- Power: Mains
- Warranty: 2 years frame, parts and labor (if registered within 28 days of purchase)
ProForm SMART Power 10.0 Indoor Cycle - Console / Display Unit
Currently available for £1099.99 from Decathlon
Also see our Exercise Bike Comparison Table
Whilst every effort is made to give you accurate information we cannot guarantee the technical specification. Models change on a regular basis and may differ slightly from the above review. We recommend you contact the retailer if you have a question regarding technical data. Please read our Legal Disclaimer